Planning for my CeraVe commercial

 Props: The props will include the CeraVe Hydrating Facial Cleanser, silicon facial cleanser/massager, a mirror, laptop, and water.

Costumes:  The subject would wear white apparel and have a bare clean face to properly display the product. The subject won't be shown too much because the main focus is the product.

Schedule: 

- October 20, 2020, I gathered research about the conventions of skincare commercials by watching advertisements of various skincare brands and made note of the reoccurring themes. 

- October 22, 2020, I planned out what I should wear in my commercial and the necessary props that should be in it. 

- October 23, 2020, I will speculate on how I want my commercial to look like. Starting on the storyboard should help this process.

- October 26, 2020, I will finish the storyboard and put together the whole script of my commercial.

- October 27, 2020, I will start and finish recording my commercial.

- October 28-29, 2020 I will edit my video and add all the necessary transitions and music to the commercial, along with final touch-ups.

Location: The best option is to record in my room using the natural light from the windows. My walls are a light color which will go great with the theme of skincare advertisements. The wall I will be in front of will be bare so the background isn't distracting to the product nor the subject. In addition, the mirror will be used for cinematography purposes. 

Backup Plan: Skin is never guaranteed to stay flawless and that will be a bad look for the commercial, so if the subject happens to break out the product will have to be the new subject. This means, that the Hydrating Facial Cleanser will be in the frame the whole 30 seconds instead of it being seen getting used on the skin. Another alternative would be to use another model as the subject.


This is my product that I will be advertising.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Production Blog: Back to Filiming

CeraVe Commercial