Editing Blog: The experience of editing

 I did a lot of research going into this project and believe it or not, I found zero websites on how to make an advertisement/commercial on a skincare product. The chances of me finding that website would have been the guidance I needed to make this commercial perfection. Unfortunately, I didn't find it but I decided on another method. I sat down and watched various skincare ads and noted the reoccurring themes it had. I also kept in mind what I was influenced by in the ads and what I could attempt to do in my own ad. So the journey began, and sooner or later I started to film and that was very challenging for me. I thought to myself since filming was so hard editing may be the easy part, but spoiler alert, there is no easy parts, editing was just as challenging. 

Although Google brought me no luck in finding the information I needed to make my commercial, Youtube really was beneficial. Jumping into editing I didn't take into consideration a lot of things. For example, I didn't how to make a voiceover, I didn't know how to add text to videos, and I didn't know to add music to videos. This was super frustrating to me and I wanted to find a super quick and easy way to figure it out. And of course, I found all the answers to my questions on Youtube. After that everything ran smoothly and I began to enjoy the experience of editing. I felt that wonderful feeling of proficiency. 

Once I finished, I reached a total of 29 seconds sadly, so I adjusted a couple of clips, and lucky me I got it to the requirement of 30 seconds. I watched the video a couple times to make sure it's alright and I realized I didn't get to use all the clips I recorded and I noticed I changed around the order that I originally planned it to be according to my storyboard but I like the final version better.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Production Blog: Back to Filiming

CeraVe Commercial