Hi, I'm Jayla Darden a.k.a your average teenage girl. And as boring as it sounds I have no special talents, no hobbies, no sports, no pets; I'm just here. One would say, I'm good at drawing but I'm definitely mediocre at best. So then they shift it saying I'm a great writer but my horrible grammar hides that fact. Deeming me creative might be an option but as I grow older I feel as if I'm starting to lose that sense of creativity. I swear I'm not a pessimist, I just like to be realistic. The only thing I have good going for me right now is my school career. Being a junior in high school exhibits my school career almost at a close and the next step is college. My goal is to make it into a good college so my parents could be proud of me. And they will be because I believe in myself; see I told you I'm not a pessimist. I take this class so I could get experience with college classes before I get there. (Also for the credit of course.) So far I like it, i...
1.) How does your product use or challenge conventions AND how does it represent social groups or issues? My product uses the conventions of a classic skincare commercial by setting that mood of a bright happy environment to convey the message of if the person in the commercial is happy so should the consumer be. This is why the subject in the commercial is smiling and has a lot of energy into everything she says. Additionally, the commercial had incorporated a slogan so the audience is more convinced to buy the product and to better remember it. I described the benefits of the product and I gave a close up of the product for the audience to resemble other skin care commercials. The purpose is to display the product in a positive light and persuade the audience to buy the product. Describing the benefits of the product directly targets a specific audience and gives that audience all the more reason to buy the product. The product represents social groups by specifically addr...
How does your product use or challenge conventions AND how does it represent social groups or issues? My product uses the conventions of an Alternative Pop Music Video by featuring a character in my music video that has nothing to do with myself. I used another persona of a girl who is very insecure and who isn't comfortable in her own skin. Melanie Martinez (the artist of my song) uses a persona in her music videos and she is known for using this persona.So I did the same in my music video to follow the genre's conventions. Also, the color scheme of my music video was chosen based off of the conventions of a Melanie Martinez music video. She likes to use bright pastel colors and childish like objects and clothes in her music videos. I tried to incorporated things of that nature that's why you see the character eating bright colored foods, the white and light blue walls, and the pink shirt and blue skirt. Using these conventions in my music video was an attempt to have t...
Comments
Post a Comment