Production Blog: Finding Time to Film

 Since my last blog, I discussed how I was planning on filming more scenes; which I am but I never got the chance to. I really wanted to but my schedule has been so busy. It might seem like it's easy to set aside 10 minutes dedicated to filming one scene but it's way more complicated than that. A scene one might assume will take 30 minutes to film actually takes an hour. There are so many bloopers and camera malfunctions, that make these scenes take so long to shoot. It crazy to think about but 10-second scenes probably took 5 times longer just to record. There's a lot of hard work put into recording these movies. I have so much more respect for filmmakers after taking this class. Actually getting to see what happens behind the scenes of these types of things is insane, there are so much time and effort you have to put into this. My final task is only 2 minutes so imagine the filmmakers making a 2-hour movie. This is honestly impressive and movie production teams deserve more credit. 

Additionally, even if I had time to record, I, unfortunately, didn't have any help. In a lot of the scenes, the camera needs someone to record me moving. I have a tripod but in this case, it would not be beneficial. Things like this make it apparent that having a partner or a group would help significantly. Now I have to depend on my family members who don't even know the basics of media production. It gets hard to explain some of this stuff to them because they just don't get it but once they do everything starts to get better. I'm grateful to have help but sometimes I wish I had a group. The cons of working alone are pretty big but I still have a lot of time to wait for help. So maybe this weekend I can continue again. In my next blog, I assure you that I will have some more filming done. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genre Research: Drama

Title Research: Zodiac

Planning for my CeraVe commercial